Monday, August 28, 2006

What does Janet Evanovich read?

Last month the Christian Science Monitor asked best-selling author Janet Evanovich what she was reading. "Uncle Scrooge" comics were part of the answer; she also named a pack of prolific novelists whose work she follows:

I'm not a very complicated person. I'm not someone who actually sits and analyzes something. If I pick up and book and I don't want to put it down ... that's good enough for me. Nora Roberts is amazing. She's so prolific but you can always count on her; she's very consistent. I like her writing style.

I like Bob Crais. I like Elmore Leonard. I like Robert B. Parker. I love that [Parker] has such a clear sense of his moral code. He's such a wordsmith. His books are so clean--they're entirely linear. When I decided to move into crime fiction I used him as a model for my own Stephanie Plum series.

Click here to read about Evanovich's comics and to learn about what she listens to and watches.

Click here to go to Janet Evanovich's official home page.

To reach the official site of her favorite television show, click here.

--Marshal Zeringue