Friday, January 12, 2007

What is Tony Shalhoub reading?

Tony Shalhoub, Emmy-winning actor of TV's "Monk," recently talked to the Christian Science Monitor about what he was listening to and watching on screens big and small.

And reading:
I miss reading books. These days I'm mostly reading scripts, either material people want me to comment on or consider doing or directing. It's a good problem to have, I suppose. In that material, I'm looking for something with some originality or timelessness, people or ideas that aren't just trendy or today's hip issues. I want to support things that will last. But I do read aloud a lot, with my wife and children. I'm reading Nicholas Nickleby to my 13-year-old daughter right now.
Find out more about what kind of music and news radio Shaloub listens to and what recent movie he loved.

--Marshal Zeringue