Friday, February 27, 2009

What is Steve Knopper reading?

The current featured contributor to Writers Read: Steve Knopper, author of the newly released Appetite for Self-Destruction: The Spectacular Crash of the Record Industry in the Digital Age.

One paragraph from his entry:
-- To answer your question literally, I'm on about page 30 of Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis. As a music critic for years and a longtime feature writer, I never thought I'd be a business reporter, but my recent professional obsession with the music business has led me to figure out why bad stuff happens to other industries. I've read Moneyball, and Lewis' piece on subprime mortgages and the economic crash in Condé Nast Portfolio magazine last fall made me seek out this one. So far I'm just into the ambition and chutzpah phases of his broker's narrative about '80s Wall Street and haven't quite gotten to the greed and corruption....[read on]
Steve Knopper covers the music business for Rolling Stone magazine.

He is a Denver-based journalist who has written for Spin, Details, Esquire, Entertainment Weekly, National Geographic Traveler, Wired, New York, Chicago, Backpacker, as well as the Chicago Tribune, Newsday, The Washington Post, the Toronto Globe and Mail, the Denver Rocky Mountain News, the Miami Herald, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and many books and websites.

Learn more about Appetite for Self-Destruction: The Spectacular Crash of the Record Industry in the Digital Age.

Visit Steve Knopper's website.

Writers Read: Steve Knopper.

--Marshal Zeringue