Friday, January 01, 2010

Jean Johnson's Sons of Destiny series, the miniseries

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Jean Johnson's Sons of Destiny series.

The entry begins:
Oh, dear... People have already asked me this question, you know. What would I do if my Sons of Destiny novels were turned into a movie, and who would play what roles? Oh, dear...

My only reply is that, for any of the eight books in the Sons of Destiny series, there is so much plot, smut, comedy, and magic, that the only way to successfully pull it off would be in an Anime mini-series. You can get away with a lot more in an Anime version than you could in live-action, even with today's high quality special effects ... mainly because so much of my books are indeed romantic, even passionate in nature, and a good portion of that passion is quite central to some of their plots. Not to mention it's eight whole books of plot. Each is an individual romance, yes, but they all tie together in a massive overall fantasy plot which is eight books long. So, yeah, an Anime mini-series would be the best way to go.

As for voice actors and art studios ... I haven't gotten that far. Except maybe...[read on]
Visit Jean Johnson's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Jean Johnson's Sons of Destiny series.

--Marshal Zeringue