Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mark Alpert's "The Omega Theory," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Omega Theory by Mark Alpert.

Part of his entry:
[The hero] David Swift's love interest in both Final Theory and The Omega Theory is Monique Reynolds, a quantum physicist loosely based on several real scientists whom I met while working as an editor at Scientific American. I think Halle Berry would be the perfect actress to play Monique, and I can honestly say that I had her in mind from the beginning. In fact, when I was writing the passages describing Monique, I actually put a picture of Halle Berry up on my computer screen so I could glance at her face while I was writing.

The other primary female character in both novels is Lucille Parker, a...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Mark Alpert's website.

A self-described lifelong "science geek," Mark Alpert majored in astrophysics at Princeton University, writing his undergraduate thesis on an application of Einstein's theory of relativity. After earning an MFA in poetry at Columbia and working as a reporter, he became an editor at Scientific American, where he simplifies bewildering scientific ideas for the magazine's readers.

My Book, The Movie: The Omega Theory.

--Marshal Zeringue