Friday, February 10, 2012

Amy Hatvany's "Outside the Lines,"the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Outside the Lines by Amy Hatvany.

The entry begins:
As an author, it is only in the dark, quiet moments of morning that I allow myself to ponder the “what ifs.” What if someone wants to make a movie of this book? What if this particular dream came true?

The story is told from two points of view - David West, a talented artist who slowly deteriorates into mental illness and Eden, the daughter he abandons when she is ten years old. For David, I imagine Robert Downey, Jr. in the role, simply because I believe he could carry off the character’s extremes - the highs and lows, the love he feels for his daughter and the hatred he feels toward himself and his illness. In the book he is described as “whip-thin, but sinewy and strong.”

Eden is a more challenging pick, because the story is told back and forth in time, so the reader gets to know her as a child and an adult. If...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Amy Hatvany's website.

The Page 69 Test: Outside the Lines.

My Book, The Movie: Outside the Lines.

--Marshal Zeringue