Thursday, January 31, 2013

Karen E. Bender's "A Town of Empty Rooms," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: A Town of Empty Rooms by Karen E. Bender.

The entry begins:
For Rabbi Golden, the complicated rabbi who divides his congregation, the perfect choice would be Jeremy Piven. Watching Piven become the explosive-yet-sentimental agent Ari Gold on Entourage helped me imagine the rabbi in my book. Piven could bring Ari’s frenetic style to his portrayal of the rabbi; I can just see him standing on the bima in the temple, all of the congregants looking up at him and hoping he will lead them.

For Serena Hirsch, I’d want an actress around who can project aggrieved, hopeful, and maybe a little naive. Julianne Margulies comes to mind, or, in a surprising and daring career move...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Karen Bender's website.

My Book, The Movie: A Town of Empty Rooms.

--Marshal Zeringue