Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Francis Knight's "Fade to Black," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Fade to Black by Francis Knight.

The entry begins:
When I think about casting Fade to Black, I think about who was playing in my head at the time, but also what the place looks like in my mind. The city, its atmosphere, is almost a character in its own right, so the director has to be right too. My son would never forgive me if I didn’t put forward Tim Burton for that. Myself, I’d be happy with several different directors, including Mr Burton who I think would give it a great gothic feel, though Christopher Nolan in Memento mode would be superb. Nothing like wishing for the best, right? Maybe Frank Miller could help out with the visuals. Oh, now Burton and Miller together, that would be fabulous!

Casting Rojan, the MC, is a bit tricky. I need sarcasm, cynicism but an overall humanity lurking underneath. Christian Bale might work very well, or...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Francis Knight's website.

My Book, The Movie: Fade to Black.

--Marshal Zeringue