Thursday, May 15, 2014

Coffee with a canine: Amanda Stern & Busy

Featured at Coffee with a Canine: Amanda Stern & Busy.

The author, on how she and Busy were united:
I’d been wanting a dog for a long time, but I wouldn’t let myself get one until I finished a draft of my novel. I knew it’d be a long while, so instead of being rewarded with an actual dog, I went on Petfinder every night and scoured. As I closed in on my draft, I came across a dog I fell totally in love with and applied for him, but he was too big and too much of a puppy for me to truly handle and so I had to keep looking. The night before I finished my novel I was on Petfinder and I refreshed and there was Busy (then, Penny) and I thought she was cute as hell, but maybe too little and I was still sad about not being able to get the other dog I wanted, but I applied for Busy anyway, and it turned out I was the first of 23 applicants and so I got her. It was not love at first sight. I was nervous and thought she was too small and I wasn’t convinced but...[read on]
Amanda Stern has written twelve novels, nine for children (the Frankly, Frannie, series for Penguin under the name, A.J. Stern), two for young adults (under the name, Fiona Rosenbloom) and one novel of literary fiction, The Long Haul, under her real name.

Visit Amanda Stern's website and follow her on Twitter.

Read--Coffee with a Canine: Amanda Stern & Busy.

--Marshal Zeringue