Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Erika Marks's "It Comes In Waves," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: It Comes In Waves by Erika Marks.

The entry begins:
I am a card-carrying movie junkie. Just ask my husband. It’s a joke in our house that we offer the perfect balance of knowledge to our two children: he, the biologist, covers the science, while I take care of the very important subject of enlightening our daughters about all things cinematic.

So it goes without saying that I see my novels as movies all the while I am writing them, and  It Comes In Waves was no exception. Sometimes I cast my books right away, other times I have to let the characters evolve and grow before it is clear to me who they resemble, or who they might be played by if my book was ever made into a movie....

Okay, here we go…

Claire: She’s tough but very vulnerable, a woman struggling to connect with her daughter, but also longing for the lost passion of her days as a champion surfer when she was madly in love and full of hope. I think Diane Lane would make a fantastic Claire in that she’d show the perfect combination of grit and fragility, and that all-important rawness of someone faced with their past and forced to confront it.

Jill: She’s the opposite of Claire but the role would need to be played by someone equally gifted at portraying the nuances of a woman, wife, mother, friend at a crossroads in her own life. I could envision Ashley...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Erika Marks's website.

Marks is also the author of The Guest House, Little Gale Gumbo, and The Mermaid Collector.

My Book, The Movie: Little Gale Gumbo.

My Book, The Movie: It Comes In Waves.

--Marshal Zeringue