Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Laird Hunt's "Neverhome," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Neverhome by Laird Hunt.

The entry begins:
Of course as I was writing my novel about a woman who disguises herself as a man and goes to fight for the Union army during the Civil War it was hard, when I was pipe dreaming about filmic adaptation, not to think of Hilary Swank who played “Brandon Teena” so brilliantly in Boys Don’t Cry. My thoughts about how she would play my character, Ash Thompson, were given an extra charge when I spotted her a couple of times last summer when I was doing a writing residency to work on edits to Neverhome in Marfa, Texas. Still, the fact that she has already done it – and with such success – made it hard to imagine it happening again and my mind has turned elsewhere. Recently, watching...[read on]
Visit Laird Hunt's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

The Page 69 Test: Neverhome.

My Book, The Movie: Neverhome.

--Marshal Zeringue