Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Meg Donohue's "Dog Crazy," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Dog Crazy: A Novel of Love Lost and Found by Meg Donohue.

The entry begins:
I didn't have certain actors in mind as I wrote Dog Crazy, and actually I hardly describe the physical attributes of the main character, Maggie, at all, so that role is really open to any actress in her late twenties to late thirties. Since dogs are major characters in the book, the dog actors are nearly as important as the human actors, and I hope Hollywood would be able to get those parts right! For the fun of it, I recently made a Pinterest board of images from and inspired by Dog Crazy, and I came up with a few casting ideas. I picked Margot Robbie for Maggie because I think she's a strong actress who could carry a movie, and I suspect she would be funny and empathetic in the role. I also think she could have great chemistry with James...[read on]
Visit Meg Donohue's website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: How to Eat a Cupcake.

My Book, The Movie: How to Eat a Cupcake.

The Page 69 Test: All the Summer Girls.

My Book, The Movie: All the Summer Girls.

Coffee with a Canine: Meg Donohue & Cole.

My Book, The Movie: Dog Crazy.

--Marshal Zeringue