Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Stephanie Kegan's "Golden State," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Golden State by Stephanie Kegan.

The entry begins:
Because a girl can dream, here is who I’d like to cast in the film of my novel Golden State:

The protagonist and narrator of my novel is Natalie Askedalh, a 48-year old wife, mother and third teacher. A tall red-head, Natalie leads an ordinary suburban life until she turns on the news one night and sees her brother arrested by the FBI for being a terrorist mastermind. Okay, this role is easy is to cast—my actress is redheaded, the right age and just won the academy award. In my dream, Julianne Moore plays Natalie.

Natalie’s husband Eric is an attorney and former college football player. He’s a quiet, steady man who doesn’t want his wife involved in trying to help her brother. I’m going to give the part to Alec...[read on]
Visit Stephanie Kegan's website.

The Page 69 Test: Golden State.

My Book, The Movie: Golden State.

--Marshal Zeringue