Friday, July 10, 2015

Carla Norton's "What Doesn't Kill Her," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: What Doesn't Kill Her by Carla Norton.

The entry begins:
Oh, isn’t this a sweet fantasy? I rub my palms together and let images run through my mind.

I confess that I drew inspiration from The Silence of the Lambs and sometimes pictured Jodie Foster while Reeve LeClaire took shape on the page. In fact, my heroine is a survivor of kidnapping and captivity who swallows her fear and squares off against evil, so I often describe her as “Clarice Starling meets Elizabeth Smart.”

But Jodie Foster is now too old to play the part of Reeve, who was twenty-two in The Edge of Normal and is a year older in What Doesn’t Kill Her. So who could be the next Jodie Foster?

Reeve is small in stature, so Dakota Fanning or Kristen Stewart would be fantastic in the part. Lithe and willowy Blake Lively would also be great. Or, if fickle Hollywood wanted to cast someone a bit older, I’d love to see Reeve played by Claire...[read on]
Visit Carla Norton's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

The Page 69 Test: What Doesn't Kill Her.

My Book, The Movie: What Doesn't Kill Her.

--Marshal Zeringue