Wednesday, August 12, 2015

James Abel's "Protocol Zero," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Protocol Zero by James Abel.

The entry begins:
I certainly would love for Protocol Zero to be a movie, but I don't really envision one actor or another in the part of Joe Rush. I think that's because the best actors always surprise us with their range. Once I sold a novel to Paramount because Jodie Foster wanted to play the lead. Unfortunately, the script was so late in coming in that Foster went on to other things, I was told. But the fascinating thing for me was that she'd wanted to play a part I wrote for a man. And she would have been perfect. That part was about strength through loneliness.

Joe Rush, my Marine doctor and bio-terror expert in Protocol Zero, is a strong, moral person but also someone who can't stop once he starts after something. Drive is his talent but also...[read on]
Visit James Abel's website.

The Page 69 Test: Protocol Zero.

Writers Read: James Abel.

My Book, The Movie: Protocol Zero.

--Marshal Zeringue