Friday, October 30, 2015

Margaret Randall's "Haydée Santamaría, Cuban Revolutionary," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Haydée Santamaría, Cuban Revolutionary: She Led by Transgression by Margaret Randall.

The entry begins:
As Haydée Santamaría, Cuban Revolutionary is about a real person, and I knew her in life, I had only her--powerfully her--in mind when I wrote it. My aim was to bring her to life in its pages. Because Haydée's life was spectacularly imaginative and daring, though, I think it would make a terrific film. For several reasons, I think of Nicole Kidman in the lead role: she could play the young and aging Haydée equally convincingly, her emotional range is broad and deep, and I think her brilliance would find some interesting challenges.

To direct the film? I'm...[read on]
Visit Margaret Randall's website.

My Book, The Movie: Haydée Santamaría, Cuban Revolutionary.

--Marshal Zeringue