Sunday, October 18, 2015

What is Amy Sue Nathan reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Amy Sue Nathan, author of The Good Neighbor.

Her entry begins:
What I’m reading right now might surprise you. I’m reading books that aren’t published. Not yet, anyway. You know the endorsements or blurbs you see on the front, back, and inside cover of books? Those are written by authors who’ve been asked to read the book before it goes out to booksellers or readers. Usually authors asked to blurb write similar books, so that his or her name will be familiar to someone who might like the new book. Even when I’m busy getting ready for a book launch (now) and writing another novel (now), I always make time to read, especially if I’m reading for a blurb. Helping other authors is high on my list of priorities and I always try to fulfill my promises. Since I write women’s fiction (or what some call book club fiction) those are usually the books I’m asked to blurb.

Right now I’m reading The House on Primrose Pond by Yona Zeldis McDonough, about a widow and her two children who leave the familiarity of their Brooklyn home for what they think will be the New Hampshire wilderness to build a new life. Though I’ve not yet finished the book, it has captured my heart with its themes of motherhood and...[read on]
About The Good Neighbor, from the publisher:
When small lies have big consequences...

Things are a little rough for Izzy Lane. Still reeling from the break-up of her marriage, the newly single mom moves back to the Philadelphia home she grew up in, five-year-old Noah in tow. The transition is difficult, but with the help of her best friends-and her elderly neighbor, Mrs. Feldman-Izzy feels like she's stepping closer to her new normal. Until her ex-husband shows up with his girlfriend. That's when Izzy invents a boyfriend of her own. And that's when life gets complicated.

Blogging about her "new guy" provides Izzy with something to do when Noah's asleep. What's the harm in a few made-up stories? But when her friends want to meet the mysterious "Mac," someone online suspects Izzy's a fraud, and a guy in real life catches her eye, Izzy realizes just how high the stakes are.
Learn more about the book and author at Amy Sue Nathan's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Coffee with a Canine: Amy Sue Nathan & Mitzi and Lizzie.

My Book, The Movie: The Glass Wives.

The Page 69 Test: The Glass Wives.

The Page 69 Test: The Good Neighbor.

My Book, The Movie: The Good Neighbor.

Writers Read: Amy Sue Nathan.

--Marshal Zeringue