Sunday, October 23, 2016

Five top YA books inspired by real life murderers

At the BN Teen blog Sarah Hannah Gómez tagged five top YA books inspired by not-so-fictional murderers, including:
Charles Howard Schmid, Jr., in Half in Love With Death, by Emily Ross

You know how sometimes it’s just another day, and other times you wake up and just want to do something totally random? I think I’ll try sushi today, you might say. Or I want to learn fencing! Or maybe I want to kill a girl. Oh, is that last one just something Charles Schmid said? While this book about being drawn to someone with a dark side is technically about made-up people, the author is pretty clear on the fact that she was totally inspired by this charismatic chick magnet murderer, also known as the Pied Piper of Tucson.
Read about another entry on the list.

The Page 69 Test: Half In Love With Death.

My Book, The Movie: Half In Love With Death.

--Marshal Zeringue