Monday, December 11, 2017

Steven Cooper's "Desert Remains," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Desert Remains by Steven Cooper.

The entry begins:
I never cast my characters while writing a book. They come to me organically, appearing as strangers I’ve never seen before. They’re not unlike the new, unfamiliar faces that pop up in dreams. After a while, once the book is out, once I’m not so close to these people, I might then see an actor or actress who appears very close to the characters I imagined. Recently I watched a series on Hulu called Casual and it occurred to me that the male lead, Tommy Dewey, would make a convincing Gus Parker. The role must be authentic surfer dude, not a spoof or a caricature. When Gus makes me laugh, I...[read on]
Visit Steven Cooper's website.

My Book, The Movie: Desert Remains.

--Marshal Zeringue