Saturday, May 26, 2018

Kathleen George's "The Blues Walked In," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Blues Walked In by Kathleen George.

The entry begins:
Lena Horne was not only gorgeous but spirited and positive and smart. One thing that got her ahead was that her skin was light. At first people weren’t sure she was African American or “Negro.” Her looks got her ahead. They also acted as a barrier, too. Hollywood, for instance, didn’t know what to do with her. She could sing. They let her sing in a few movies. The first person I thought of to play her was Hallie Berry. And she’s still on my list. But there are so many gorgeous black women out there, I’m sure there are others. Singing would have to be a big part of the casting process, of course. Of course all of us writers think of big names because big names sell scripts, so for I while I wondered if Meghan Markle might be...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Kathleen George's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Blues Walked In.

Writers Read: Kathleen George.

My Book, The Movie: The Blues Walked In.

--Marshal Zeringue